Volunteers from neighboring schools and church communities were invited to attend Camp Peace one last time, and spend the afternoon playing outside, decorating cupcakes, painting faces (and some arms), and enjoying hot dogs & a visit from Mr. Softee.
Lisa McKinney, the Children's Program Director, organized a wonderful closing program, and asked the children who attend Camp Peace regularly to share these words of thanks for all the volunteers' hard work...
- Thanks for your commit-"mint" to help.
- Thanks for your encourage-"mint".
- Thanks for your "invest-"mint" of time.
- Thanks for making each day an enjoy-"mint".
- Thanks for helping to create a nice environ-"mint".
- Everything you have done has really "mint" a lot to me.
To Miss Lisa and all the Camp Peace kids, the Peer Leaders at HMS so enjoyed being a part of your program, and thank you for the opportunity to spend time with such delightful, loving children!
If you would like to read more about the Fellowship House's after school program, please click here.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Fellowship House Summer Camp, or any of the other programs they offer, please click here.